PDA

View Full Version : went for a 2 mile walk today may have overdone it

bryan kellogg
04-16-2012, 06:38 PM
I. Went for a 2 mile walk today I just hope I did not over do it I feel so tired but of course
I was tired before I went but I know we have to push our selfs while I was walking I was feeling kind of anxious panicky but if we don't push we will never get better. One thing I do know at lest my Dr said my anxiety was from low t I have been on hormone replacement therapy has anyone on here been on testosterone replacement does it help the doctor said it could take up to 3 months he said I should have less anxiety and have more energy I just hope it works for me

laurandisorder
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I try to walk every other day, but I have had a couple of nasty panicky experiences whilst walking that can on occasion lead to shortness of breath or hyperventilating.

I went out with my dog yesterday night and completely lost my breath coming up the hill to our house. I started to freak out a bit because it felt like i was getting no air in and then distracted myself - well a huge flock of parrots flew out of a tree and distracted me!!.

The whole experience lasted no more than 3 minutes and didn't affect me at all or ruin the rest of the evening. Your shortness of breath is probably related to exertion, but like me, your mind interprets is as 'panic pending'. Slow down, walk through it and try not to think about it too much. It will pass - it always does.

Besides, getting some exercise is one of the best things you can do to naturally combat anxiety.

Mysticsoul
04-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I can walk about 2 miles then I get very sick feeling so I walk lesser distances several times a day

mccallie
04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Just remember to keep breathing...like deep breathing techniques can help a lot! Most drug or hormone therapies do take 2 to 3 months to start seeing a difference.