PDA

View Full Version : For the Ladies ... Citalopram and Periods

ks123
04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Hello i have been on Citalopram 20mg for nearly 6 weeks and i have not got my period this month, I aM Never regular but just wondered if these meds can affect your periods and if anyone else has experiencd this. I have been feeling pretty good but now i havnt got my period starting to feel anxious again as i thinnk somthing is wrong with me. thankyou

browneyemee65
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
I have been on it just over a week now and i thought it was making mine much worse. Not for sure cause it coukd be the stress. How long did it take for you to work? It seems like i have one good day and then one bad...

laurandisorder
04-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm not on this medication, but I do find my periods are impacted by stress (anxiety) and weight loss.

When I first started my current anti depressant I didn't menstruate for 4 months! I was convinced I was pregnant, even after 3 negative tests, so I went and got a blood test!

ks123
04-15-2012, 11:54 PM
i was like that too for a while good day and bad, it was about week four i started to feel better and my side effects started to ease. i no for sure it has made such a difference for me the best thing i have done going on these meds. i still get anxious and i do worry all the time but not too the extent i had been i am alot happier and loving life and it will happen for you just takes time, if not there are other meds you can chose to take but stick to it because life does feel great right now good luck x also i have heard a good 2 months for some people

browneyemee65
04-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanx ks for the reassuring words and the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it seems like thousands of miles away. :)