PDA

View Full Version : new here.. anxiety?? scared!!

shazzy
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM
hey all!

im new here and i really wish to know whats going on with me, for now at least, because i feel its really taking over my life.

so im 21 years old, this all started about two weeks ago, i decided to start eating healthy and i began having a tuna sandwich for lunch everyday, everything was going fine until i found out about mercury poisoning! now i must point out that im a hypochondriac so when i began to read about it i really felt that i would get it and i kept on asking my family if it was possible because my brother is a health freak and he has fish all the time even though he told me no i wasn't convinced! then around a week later i had a hand tremor which lasted 5 minuted and that was it for me! that really increased my anxiety! i would think and worry for hours until i slept and the following day i had skin tingles all over my body and you guessed it! i started to research that and came across scary things like strokes and MS and yup i believed i have one of them (and still do) its driving me crazy its on my mind all day and when i wake and i dont know what to do! these tingles wont go away and i dont know if its related to anxiety or?? and now i feel lightheaded like i will fall over :( has anyone gone through this?

bhamlaxy
04-15-2012, 04:54 PM
First you should get a standard check up just to make sure everything is okay. I'm betting it is but it should help for you to know for sure.

You need to STOP researching symptoms. It is going to make you way more anxious, and even create symptoms you don't have.

The body does weird things. ESPECIALLY when you are anxious. Rest assured you do NOT have mercury poisoning, and the little things you feel are either because you are anxious, or just standard creaks/twitches in the body.

Belkin
04-15-2012, 04:57 PM
I have had similar symptoms as you. I have had tremors for like 3 weeks now and they last all day everyday but seem have been getting better. I too have had tingles/numbness through out my body but they usually only last like 5-10 min.. Most of the time less then that. I also went through a stage of dizziness all day everyday which is gone now but now I feel like my body is really heavy. Anxiety can do strange stuff to some one and can last a long time, even if you don't feel anxious it can still be there. I too self diagnosed my self with MS and a brain tumor, and lots of other things. To put your worries aside you can always go to a doctor and ask them anything That worries you. Trust me your not alone I consider my self a hypochondriac. I look on google everyday and that just makes it worst! So stay off the web and hang with friends and family.

Also How long has your tingling/numbness been going on? And how long does it last for you?
And is your hand tremors lasting all day and does it happen when sitting still or moving your hands around?
Hang in there! You aren't alone.

browneyemee65
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I too know what you are going through. Last week i started celexa and have xanax for panic attacks. I have been convinced everyday i was having a heart attack. Google is a definite no no. It makes your mind convince you the symptoms you think you have. Good luck and this site really helps. Good luck

shazzy
04-16-2012, 02:39 AM
I have had similar symptoms as you. I have had tremors for like 3 weeks now and they last all day everyday but seem have been getting better. I too have had tingles/numbness through out my body but they usually only last like 5-10 min.. Most of the time less then that. I also went through a stage of dizziness all day everyday which is gone now but now I feel like my body is really heavy. Anxiety can do strange stuff to some one and can last a long time, even if you don't feel anxious it can still be there. I too self diagnosed my self with MS and a brain tumor, and lots of other things. To put your worries aside you can always go to a doctor and ask them anything That worries you. Trust me your not alone I consider my self a hypochondriac. I look on google everyday and that just makes it worst! So stay off the web and hang with friends and family.

Also How long has your tingling/numbness been going on? And how long does it last for you?
And is your hand tremors lasting all day and does it happen when sitting still or moving your hands around?
Hang in there! You aren't alone.

Glad to know im not alone, thanks everyone!
Belkin, i only had the tremor once a few days ago but that only lasted 5 minutes, and the tingling has been going on for maybe 4 days, they would just come and go through out the day, it was worse before when i was really stressed but now they dont show up that often

fletch127
04-16-2012, 04:55 AM
I automatically think the worst two. Every Anxiety attack I think it's my heart. But I know it's my head playing tricks on me. I got a challenge ahead. Mum has gone away for 4 or 5 days and she's been my re-assurance for the last 4-6 weeks of my Anxiety. So It's Day Two and I am NOT handling it well. I was talking to her just before and i suggested i should call an Ambulance because I was heaps short of breath as I was having a panic attack. Mums are usually always right and she always tells me "Don't be Silly" I got to have Blood Tests done next week to get confirmation that Anxiety is all it is.

I haven't been outdoors in nearly forever because I am scared if i start going out. I'll have a panic attack or something is wrong with me and I don't want to die. I did go to the Doctor's last week but my anxiety was obvious in doing so.

It's clear to me it's an Eating Anxiety because It's highly effecting my will to eat because I had trouble chewing and swallowing food weeks prior and then for a week i was eating okay but all of a sudden, I am scared to eat or it's like I am. and before. Eating a meat pie got me really anxious. Now I am a bit calmer. But it's so scary Anxiety and no one should EVER go through it.

"""

Belkin
04-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Glad to know im not alone, thanks everyone!
Belkin, i only had the tremor once a few days ago but that only lasted 5 minutes, and the tingling has been going on for maybe 4 days, they would just come and go through out the day, it was worse before when i was really stressed but now they dont show up that often

yea my tingling and numbness would also come and go and it got very annoying, but at least your tremors don't last long. Have you been to a counselor at all or a doctor just to see what they think is wrong cause it sounds like anxiety. Have you been stressed out recently or anything? Because if it is anxiety something is triggering it and maybe a counselor can get to the bottom of it. ;)