PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and anxiety

Belkin
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Hello, I have been recently having dreams that make me very anxious and I end up waking up with a pounding heart and shortness of breathe, then everything is fine when I wake up but usually happens again later through the night? I was wondering if you guys get any dreams that make you do this!?

Thanks

bhamlaxy
04-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Interesting. I can see how that would be scary. For me, dreams and sleep have been a welcome relief from my anxiety. Sometimes I'll wake up and start feeling anxious, only to lie back down and be in a kind of half sleep-dream state which is very soothing. Definitely not a solution but it's a nice break.

Not sure what you can do to fix it. Do the dreams themselves relate to anything that is going on in your life, maybe directly or metaphorically?

ladywillow
04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Belkin,

I too have have night time panic issues. Mine aren't linked to dreams, that I have noticed, but I wake up feeling exactly the same as you. I think it's just a burst of adrenaline. Are you on any medication???? I know that antidepressants can cause vivid dreams in some people.

Belkin
04-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi bhamlaxy, no the dreams are never lnked to anything with my life it's just random dreams... Weird right? And ladywillow, I do not take any medications, it doesn't happen every night but when it does it happens multiple times In a night.