PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety About Death!!!

aesnoke
04-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello. I'm new to this site and really glad I found it. I've suffered from Severe Anxiety for about maybe 4 years. I am on 50mg of Zoloft a day and some days I'm doing so amazing and so happy and don't have any worries but once something triggers(something someone says or just a random thought) it then it gets bad for a few days to a few weeks. It goes up and down. Now to the point of this thread, I am very close to my family, we are such a close knit family that it's just crazy! Lol. My grandparents are getting older (in their 70s) and recently I've been having extreme fear and constant thoughts about them dying. Which triggers me also to start worrying about my husband. We just had a baby and were both young (in our 20s) and I'm terrified about him dying also. I constantly worry about if there is a God or what's going to happen to us! I've never had someone close to me die yet, so maybe this is why I'm anxious? I know dying is a normal part of life and it seems like life's going by so fast that it's getting me depressed and freaking out. Anyone else dealing with this or have any helpful advice? Sorry so long! Any help is appreciated!!

ladywillow
04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi aesnoke. I too deal with this on a regular basis. I don't really have any good advice to give you, unfortunately. I had a major fear of my grandmother dying for years and she just did pass in October. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking my husband is dead or is going to dye. I'm also really scared that my dad is going to die too. I think this is pretty normal for people with anxiety. How long have you been on the zoloft? I have never taken it before, but I think that's a small amount. You may want to think about increasing it. Why suffer needlessly?

aesnoke
04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Thank you for taking your time to post! Anxiety has basically destroyed my life, I try so hard to control it but can't! I was on Zoloft for like 3 months then I got pregnant and got off of it, I just got back on it about 3 months ago and they did up me to 75 mg and it just made me worse and zoned out and crying all the time.

leetbulldog
04-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi aesnoke.. well I can tell you that your not alone... my mom had a stroke two years ago and since I also have death thoughts of them dying..it's very sad but anxiety does all this to us.. the only thing we can do is cherish them and love them every single day while they are here with us.. we must be strong and just the fact that we go through hell every day, I believe we are Very STRONG individuals..hang in there :)

mccallie
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey. I agree with leetbulldog. love your family and don't take them for granted. try to focus your energy on happy thoughts and making your baby laugh. i think many people are "scared" of death and have "horrible" thoughts of what could happen. i'm sorry that yours wont go away and make you anxious. you seem like a strong individual...just keep your head up!

leetbulldog
04-14-2012, 02:57 AM
@mccallie well I try to be strong! :) but sometimes I feel like I'm very weak.. I assume that I feel that I'm weak because I have anxiety.. idk :/

aesnoke
04-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you all very much! I'm so happy I found this forum with ppl that can relate to me.

jacques1927
04-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Hi iv been suffering for nearly a year now(I'm nearly 23) and it can only be explained as hell for me,I suffer with the exact same thoughts as you and convinced something bad will happen to me,I can't sleep at all because of it! I have been given various pills but have only ever taken one as it made me feel 10 times worse so it's scared me off them.its ruining my relationship with my girlfriend who I love to bits,I find myself lashing out with moods at her because I feel nobody really knows what I'm going thru nor try to make me better.
I had a history of partying,alcohol,cannabis and cocaine abuse but I had a very bad panic attack laying in bed one night and then decided I had to cut all the partying out of my life, and since that's iv suffered with chronic anxeity!
Can anybody help me please ???

jacques1927
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi I just jumped awake having a full blown panic attack,racing heart, jelly legs,pale,found it hard to stand or talk, it's the first time iv woke up having one, I rang an ambulance and have calmed down quite a bit,do anyone have any tips on calming down when you feel your going to have a panic attack??

leetbulldog
04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
@Jacques you just need to relax and breathe deeply and just say to ur self.. "it will go away!, it's just anxiety!, it will go away!" keep itself calm.. it's all gonna be ok :)

richy1991
04-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Hey aesnoke

i suffered from the fear of death when i was as young a 7 after my great uncle passed away, which contributed to my anxiety disorder. i eventually recovered from my childhood anxiety when i was around 12, also i got over the fear of death, so it can be done for you aswel

there was two things i feared and they were dieing and there being nothing after death, my fear was mainly around me and my parents
i would just have a random thought come into my head, it would leave me in a blank state for a couple of mins and then when id come out of my own world, id end up in a panic attack

the way i got over all this was thinking about how far away that day is for me and all of the things i had to do and look forward to doing before then, such as learning to drive, get married, have kids etc

i am 20 now and as of this day i have learnt to cope with the fear so that it dosnt effect me anymore, now when i have a thought, i have a little shiver but 2 seconds later i have forgotten about it and i carry on with me day.

so like other people have said, your not alone
and you can over come this, you just need to change your thinking and i know that is harder than it sounds
i did it when i was young with no help what so ever because my parents were unaware of my mental health issues back then
your older than i was and you can get help on the problem, so im sure in time you will also learn to cope to a point where it dosnt effect you

best of luck
richy

jacques1927
04-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks leetbulldogg

aesnoke
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much for all the replies and advice. Just in a week from using this site and getting help, I feel amazing! I am so appreciative. I am so thankful that I know now how many other ppl are dealing with anxiety. I really felt like I was a crazy person sometimes.