PDA

View Full Version : People don't believe me

arosai
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
My parents don't believe that I have a problem, they think I'm just being lazy. Even friends that I've confessed my feelings to think I'm full of it. I'm really afraid of going outside, I can go during the day if I'm with someone, but no way at night. I don't even know what I'm afraid of really, just the thought of going outside gets me antsy. I've never had a panic attack, I just feel really uncomfortable outside and I start to get a little panicky

I just need some advice, like how I can get people to understand and how I can cope.

Thanks..

anxiousmess
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
hiya.

i have also gone through the whole 'nobody believing me' thing.
it's not nice, but i'm afraid there isn't much you can do about it.

concentrate on sorting yourself out. if people don't believe you, then that is there problem.
if you had a headache, and nobody believed you - it wouldn't bother you in the slightest. you would just take some paracetemol and move on.
you need to do that with this too...

just to add how i actually meant that: i mean, move on away from how others think of it. when somebody doesn't understand something, sometimes they find it hard to believe.
my bf never believed me for about 2 years into the relationship. he thought i was just lazy and wanted him to do everything outside. he now fully understands as i made him research it - along with my countless doctor appointments. also with the length of time i 'kept it up' (his words), it was hard for him not to believe. he says it would be ahard lie to keep up for such a long time lol