PDA

View Full Version : derealization, please help.

leahrenee
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
I've been having major derealization issues the past few months. Mostly starting after I stopped taking Celexa. It's very bad at night. I start getting freaked out and feel like I'm in a dream. I can't shake the feeling. Nighttime has become so stressful. It takes a lot for me to get to sleep. And when I do I only sleep for short periods of time. I can't wait for the sun to reappear and for the foggy feeling to lift a little. It's a very unsettling feeling for me. Does anyone else deal with this? And how do you cope with it? I would really like to get a decent nights sleep for once.

leetbulldog
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
with me I notice it comes when I'm in public.. I guess the feeling of me not wanting to do anything triggers it and of course my anxiety and all... Its so hard to ignore those things.. But I realize that I must just ignore it and tell my mind it will go away! It's just my anxiety!! It's a very scary feeling indeed :/

leetbulldog
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Also don't be scare web night falls.. Your giving urself In to get that horrible feeling!

Gman777
04-18-2012, 08:55 AM
I never had derealization episodes until I started taking Celexa. I still take it but it is bothering me to the point I want to quit it. Anything can trigger it but it is usually crowds, or big spaces (work, grocery store). I feel I am in a dream or in a cloud, and like nothing is real...like I am not real. It is really bothersome.

nf1234
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I have been experiencing derealization a lot lately and it feels like im going crazy! I hate that others are suffering but it is good to know that im not alone. Feeling like im in a dream is the best way I can describe it and I feel like its one of the worst symptoms of anxiety! Has anyone had any success in overcoming derealization or know the true causes of it?

sylvina
04-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi I have had derealization for about 8 months or so now, it's one ov the worst symptoms I have wen it comes to anxiety, I don't take medication at all coz I hate taking tablets so I have just learnt to live with it really even though it is scary I just say to myself it will go away and nothing bad can happen , mine can last from minutes to hours and sometimes all day , I also have it in the nite time aswel, reality looks so different it's really horrible, actually over the past few weeks I haven't had it and just today it started this morning and I still have it as I type now, I used to think I was going mad and was constantly googling my symptoms , these chat forums have helped me as I no I am not alone anymore

sylvina
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
And also mine happens more wen I'm out in public and wen I get home it settles down