PDA

View Full Version : B complex! OMG

leetbulldog
04-10-2012, 09:28 PM
So my dad got me B Complex which he said it should help me with my anxiety.. So I took it and OMG! it made my anxiety worse!!! I feel so anxious!! :/ haven't felt this anxious in a while!!
You guys think the complex is making me feel this way!?? First time taking it!!

This is what the B Complex has!

Vitamin B1 100mg
Vitamin B2 100mg
Vitamin B3 100mg
Vitamin B6 100mg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 100mcg
Folate (as folic acid) 400mcg
Biotin 100mcg
Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 100mcg

jeremyfresno
04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
No way I would take B complex all the time and it never affected my anxiety....maybe you were just anxious to try it that's why you're feeling like that....it's just a vitamin those help you a lot

leetbulldog
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I didn't feel like this before I took them!! I was relax.. :/ now I'm going to the gym cuz I can't take it :/

nf1234
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I sometimes get anxiety about taking something, especially something new. I will take something that I know should help me but after I take it I start worrying about it and it makes my anxiety worse. This even happened the first few times I took prescription anti anxiety meds.

PanicCured
04-11-2012, 03:04 AM
YEP! I have said this countless times. B Vitamins and Calcium can make your anxiety worse! Too stimulating. B vitamins, as I understand should be taken in a complex, not separately, but when you are still in the grips of anxiety these will probably over stimulate you. B vitamin supplements used to get me seriously wired!

laurandisorder
04-11-2012, 03:19 AM
I noticed a BIG drop in my anxiety when I stopped having a berocca every morning. That stuff is FULL of B vitamins.

I still take my multi and my calcium supplement, but I'm steering clear of anything extra!!

leetbulldog
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Well yesterday I had to go to the gym and run to wear off all that anxiety.. Felt better afterwards... so Vitamin B3 is not good then huh.. Hmm ok

PanicCured
04-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Why are you taking calcium may I ask? For what purpose? Please read about if calcium supplements are necessary or not. And if you do take it, take it with some magnesium to balance it out.

leetbulldog
04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Well the calcium comes with the b complex.. so I'm not taking it for no particular reason ..

laurandisorder
04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I have to take calcium and a vitamin D supplement as I had anorexia a long time ago and as a result of that I have low bone density and am very prone to fractures.

In the past 12 years I have fractured both wrists, one of my vertebrae, my right foot (twice) and two bones in my hand.

So I kind of need the calcium.