PDA

View Full Version : Something that is worrying me a lot...

Jeordie
01-12-2007, 04:30 AM
I've just noticed that a big vein in my head is getting HUGE. It's the vein in the forehead, on my left side, and it's always been big. Now, I can't tell for sure that it got bigger, but it seems so to me: it seems more visible, big, fat. It begins on the top left corner of my eyebrow and keeps going up to where my hair are attached. Usually this part is covered with hair, so I don't "check it" that often.

What is making me anxious as hell is that I frequently have a sharp headache on that area. And last night, when I lied on my bed, that terrible headache began and gave me company till I feel asleep. I woke up with a certain nausea as well, actually very strong, but lasted few minutes. I decided I had some sort of migraine - or tension headache. But tthe frequency of this attacks and especially the appearance of that vein is making me sweat at the thought the vein is preparing itself to give me a stroke or cerebral hemorrage. I read somewhere that veins in the head can swell till they burst. Well, I think that is what's happening with this one!!

What do you think? Do you think I should get this checked?

Thanks, hope to get some fast reply.

jitters
01-12-2007, 06:06 AM
The viens or arteries in the head can swell and burst but these are IN the head specifically in the brain. It is perfectly natural for these external to become more visible as we get older. Also these specific arteries become more enlarged (visible) when our blood pressure increases to allow more throughput of blood to the suface of the skin and cool us off. Unfortunatly when we become stressed or anxious our blood pressure rises increasing the size of the offending artery. Have you seen stressed eric, if not the vien or artery you are talking about is renowned for increasing in size when we are under stress, my step-fathers does it when ever he is angry.

The rest of your symptoms sound like worry, but dont and dont feel bad for worring about your health its all part of the illness.

Duncan

Jeordie
01-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Duncan, thanks for the informative answer. I'm not worried about that anymore: the vein is less visible now, I noticed that it becomes bigger if I exercise, and if I get upset too, of course (people have this big vein on their head when they get upset).
So yes, it was useless to worry. Problem solved. Gone.