PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety support

dealingwithit10
04-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi,

I just found this board and I am so glad for that. I have been struggling with anxiety for about 8 years now. Last year I was diagnosed with cancer and was treated for it and everything looks OK ( fingers crossed). After my cancer diagnosis and treatment, I had a renewed zest for life. I was living each day to the fullest and the things that caused me anxiety would just not wouldn't bother me and it was such a relief in a way, even though I was dealing with cancer. Now that it appears that my cancer is manageable with a good prognosis, my old anxieties are coming back. I am so disappointed! I know this can't be good for my health and I had thought that I had put the anxiety issue past me. I have been taking Pristiq 50 mg per day and that works well usually. Currently, my anxiety peaks when I am in bed at night. I would like to get any input from members of this forum. Thanks in advance.

megamerbear
04-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Well I am very happy your prognosis looks great!! I am sorry about the anxiety though. I have anxiety before bed as well. It's such a horrible feeling. I swear I sleep better during the day than at night. The doctor put me on ambien for sleep and that really helped. I also drink chamomile an hour before I lay down.
Have you wrote a journal about anxiety? I do that and find that reading it shows all my triggers, like what causes it. I wish I could help more. Take care!!!:)