PDA

View Full Version : Feelings...buried alive never die.

nixrequiem
01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
hello!

My name is Eric, I'm 22 years of age. I started feeling anxiety after a solo drug incident (something I don't do anymore, or really did at all). I had a panic attack that made me feel like I was going to die. Even though I wasn't. I didn't even know what it was, and I did the whole, go to the hospital, but everything is fine thing.

Thus began my search for healing. What I've learned is, anxiety is really a time bomb inside us, waiting to be detonated. Not everyone, but somewhere there was an incident that scared us in some way. Later on it becomes triggered.

During this last year I've learned more about myself than I have my entire life. Anxiety isn't a curse, it's a blessing. Now I'm not saying it doesn't suck. It does. It's never comfortable, and no matter how many times it happens, it's still hard.

The best thing you can do is listen...to your body and self. It's trying to say something.

What helped me more than anything, was a book, helped me see past the pain...my doctor gave it to me. It's called "feelings buried alive never die" It the most wonderful book! If you're serious about changing your life. Please do yourself a favor. When you're done, you'll want to share it with everyone you know. I just bought my dad a copy for christmas...

my first post...wow...sorry for the length.

where there is doubt, faith
where there is despair, hope
where there is darkness, light
where there is sadness, joy