PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel overly aware of your surroundings?

Dave G
04-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm editing this post, because there doesn't seem to be a way to 'delete' it.

I haven't posted on here for years now. A lot has changed in that period, and when I read my old posts I don't like what I see. It reminds me of the more anxious me - the me that I hated.

I'd prefer to use this account as a way to start replying to and helping others, rather than it being a reminder of sadder days - not to mention the potential career liability that I feel it is now.

anxiousmess
04-10-2012, 08:25 AM
wow you sound just like me lol

yes, i am overly aware of everything! i over analyze everything to the point i perceive things that aren't real. mental perceptions as you said!
i worry when i meet new people, not knowing if they like me or not, and i also put pressure on myself, to either help them like me, or find out if they do or not.
why i don't know, because i'm not particularly bothered if somebody likes me or not!

i also won't try anything new! talking about ps3, and games...i'm addicted to call of duty. but im also addicted to buying games.i buy new games, but i won't and can't play on them. i stick to call of duty, because i know i am good at it!
i have tried some of my other games, but i always end up going back on call of duty. so now i buy new games, and they just join the others on the shelf - looking like a pretty gaming shelf :)

i also always wonder how and why people seem to walk around without a care in the world. i sometimes wish i was able to do that, but i don't see how that would be possible. as i too, use my super awareness for my safety.

Aron Martin Ágústsson
04-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Im also like this, I over analyze and recently I started feeling so anxious when I go outside that it feels like full blown paranoia, I feel like everyone is watching me and judging me just walking down the street. I push myself to go out though and always end up giving up. I never go out unless i have to. I also feel like I am overly aware of my surroundings. I stay in the same school studying stuff that I dont really like just out of fear of trying something new and exciting cause I think I´ll fail horribly and regret it later.

Even writing this is making me especially anxious.

BeachLife
04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
I can definitely relate to you. I always seem to be overly aware of my surroundings and worry about every little thing.
I always notice every sound or movement around me. I don't like unfamilar things or places. I also hate change. I have anxiety
over simple things like changing the background on my phone or rearranging my room. I would rather keep things as they are than
change them.