PDA

View Full Version : I camped at an Apple Store for 10 nights as an extreme type of therapy

shoesmith81
04-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi,

My name is Rob and I'm 30. I have been suffering with crippling anxiety and depression for 10 years!

I have learned a lot in this time and decided a few years ago to not let me stop living!

The world of iphone apps changed me and I decided to do a camp out outside an Apple Store for 10 nights!

I did this to test myself! I was at the point of not being able to leave my house or ride on public transport. The idea was to force myself outside my comfort zone and knew I will grab a lot of media attention and knew i would be forced into talking to hundreds of people!

The experience changed me and it was an extreme type of therapy.

The book is called Bin There Done That and is on Amazon Kindle and you can also read it in your browser if you are interested.

Just search Rob Shoesmith on Amazon.

It chronicles my journey from leaving college suffering with anxiety, depression and is not a self help book but wanted to try and inspire people!

Thanks

Rob

Leone88
06-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Can you please send a link for this book?

drksydeone
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Rob are you referring to the book been there done that do this. By Sam Obitz. It's a fantastic book but no need to get it on amazon. Tao3.com is where you get the book.

shanevic7
07-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Rob are you referring to the book been there done that do this. By Sam Obitz. It's a fantastic book but no need to get it on amazon. Tao3.com is where you get the book.

TAO is great. thank you for the link

drksydeone
08-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I looked up your book Rob. Sorry for confusing you with another book. I'm sure I will pick up your book. Your story is inspirational.

drksydeone
08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I just bought your book Rob and it's very good. Having dealt with anxiety and depression as well I can completely know what you were feeling. Anyway thanks for the thread.

Pmod300
08-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes sometimes when I go to the store with my family and me meeting all these people's makes me feel better and want to go out more but if I stop than I feel depress again. Go out more ppls.