PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

DNA
04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Am 32 and have had anxiety off and on for years now. Before it was just an attack a couple times a year. I then went to anger management and have since started to control my anger but since December my anxiety has been non-stop everyday. During the day I cope with it, it's pretty mild 99% of the time, at night though, usually before I come home from work, it gets pretty hard and just feels like I have panic attack after panic attack. I am on 1mg of lorazepam once a day, the dr said take up to twice if needed,which helps a lot and allows me to relax. I am seeing a therapist but only about 1 time a month, as much as ins. can schedule me. I am textbook GAD depersonalize and feel like a heart attack wondering if we are alone or having voices in my head, it sounds crazy sometimes. Well I am determined to beat this just not sure how to go about it, I'm so scared I'll die or fail. I ordered a couple of books from Joyce Meyer and I'm gonna try the program from Midwest Center for wellness I hope it works.