PDA

View Full Version : Desperate

andreakl
04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi. Im new to all this, but am amazed and somewhat comforted to see there are so many people out here like me! I am 25 years old and feel like I have a great life! Good marriage, good jobs, beautiful home... But theres something so wrong with the way I feel. I have always been OCD, since I was a child I remember my rituals and obsessive rediculous things... I remember being very anxious in social things that I wasnt 100% comfortable with... Always been paranoid about throwing up. Things in my mind I know are completely stupid! But I cant get past it and just RELAX!! But then for a long time I wasnt really plagued by my anxiety and had a "normal" life! But for the past year or so, its been coming on a lot. I understand my anxiety somewhat so I try really hard to talk myself out of it and breath through my attacks but lately its been impossible. I have a job I love but notice it a lot at work, the extreme dizziness which makes my anxiety 100 times worse cuz I freak about passing out or thinking theres another underlying illness causing my light head feeling and nausia... But I KNOW its just my f-ed up brain screwing with me!!! I feel like im going insane!! No one I know really has these problems, so its hard to talk about it. I hide it pretty well. But I dont wanna live like this anymore, I am beginning to feel depressed! Im scared I will never feel GOOD again! :( My doctor put me on Zoloft and its been about 10 days on it.. I see no improvement at all yet. Still
light headed and ready to crawl out of my skin. I know i may need to try different meds to find one that works but I hate the idea of taking any med at all. I want to get pregnant soon and dont want to worry about THAT TOO! I feel like its gotten so bad in the last month im afraid of what ill let my life get like if it gets any worse... A relcuse?! Constantly sick?? Thats no way to live! Im desperate for help.

laurandisorder
04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Stick with the Zoloft for a little while. It takes a good 2-3 months to stabilize in your system and start working properly.

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling so badly, but you definitely aren't alone.

There are lots of people here who have recovered or whom are managing their anxiety so that it doesn't impact their lives so badly. You can do it too!

As far as I am aware, Zoloft is one of the ADs that is better for pregnant women. The potential risks are very low (according to the mayo clinic) and it is far better to be on ADs than to get highly stressed or use other substances (cigarettes, alcohol) to help deal with anxiety or depression whilst pregnant.

Good luck with everything. It's an uphill battle, but it is completely worth it.

xxx