PDA

View Full Version : Paxil increase

jeremyfresno
04-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey guys

So I recently started taking Paxil....it's been one week and the past 3 days I started feeling pretty good like my anxiety was under control....I was taking 10mg the first week.....yesterday was the beginning of my second week and my doc wanted me to increase to 20mg....thats the dosage she thinks I should be on.....well I took my first 20mg last night and I feel like my anxiety increased!!!! Any of you guys experience this when increasing your meds??

lady-d73
04-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes, it will decrease.

jeremyfresno
04-07-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply! I was freaking out since I had been feeling good the last couple days I forgot how anxiety had felt for a moment and today it just hit all over again......

ez86
04-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm suppose to go from 10 mg to 15 mg of Paxil starting Monday. Not sure if I want to though. I guess I'm just fighting the inevitable. I've been feeling a little bit better, and I'm not a huge fan of going through heightened anxiety or side effects again. Keep us posted on your progress

jeremyfresno
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I will!! Do you experience headaches? More like a pressure on your temples and eyes balls??? Had that pre-Paxil but it started up again....not sure of its the meds or just my anxiety in general

ez86
04-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I get headaches. Got them before, get them now. It is hard to separate the paxil effects from anxiety effects. My body gets tingly (usually in the morning) and I'm still getting chills. My legs have been bouncing non stop, but I'm going to start taking magnesium.

Jeremy, did you have a full blood work up or any blood tests run when you got diagnosed? I haven't had any, and I'm not sure how to ask. I feel like my doctor will just attribute everything to paxil or anxiety but I'd like to know exactly what I'm dealing with here.

jeremyfresno
04-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I get headaches. Got them before, get them now. It is hard to separate the paxil effects from anxiety effects. My body gets tingly (usually in the morning) and I'm still getting chills. My legs have been bouncing non stop, but I'm going to start taking magnesium.

Jeremy, did you have a full blood work up or any blood tests run when you got diagnosed? I haven't had any, and I'm not sure how to ask. I feel like my doctor will just attribute everything to paxil or anxiety but I'd like to know exactly what I'm dealing with here.

How long have you been taking Paxil for? Just want this anxiety to stop already

Yes, I got full blood work done and everything came out good...just mention to your doctor you want a lab work done to check your thyroid and cholesterol levels and see if everything is normal...I'm sure your doctor will do it....