PDA

View Full Version : severely depressed

gene99
04-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi eveybody,
I'm new. This is all new for me. I've been suffering with depression for about 7 years now. I never took care of it. I tried to just deal. I thought that this was normal. I took everything out on my wife. I never told her about it cause I was ashamed. Well march of 2011 she left me. We were divorced by september. I found out last week she is in a new relationship. I am crushed.

ez86
04-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Sounds like you are in a bad place right now, and have been for a while. I think it is time for you to start working on yourself. My best advice would be to start with finding a counselor that you click with. He or she will help you sort out the root of your issues and work on rebuilding your life into one you enjoy. Depending on what is going on, you may need to try something like medication - but I would take this one step at a time. Good luck with everything. Depression is a difficult thing to live with, even if others can't always see that it is there.

alankay
04-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Gene, you'll need time to mourn the ending of that reationship but it might have been what you needed to get you into action as far as treatment goes. Think about it. It may all work out over time. See a good doc and start an AD as well as a therapist if you can afford it. Time will heal you but your goal should be to get better than you were before. PM me any time. Alankay.