PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Quality

nf1234
04-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get some feedback from others on what their quality of sleep is. My anxiety has been bad the past few months and it has really reduced my quality of sleep. I used to sleep soundly through the night but now I constantly wake up through the night. I often have nightmares and wake up in a panic. I feel like my anxiety is much worse the day after. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

laurandisorder
04-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I have had similar experiences to you with sleep. Even though my overall state of mind is improving. I dream vividly, wake up multiple times each night and I don't seem to sleep as deeply as I used to.

I also have trouble falling asleep. I have those irritating sleep jerks, which happen 2-3 times per night. Just as I'm dropping off, it feels as if I'm electrocuted and I sit straight up gasping for air.

If I oversleep, I experience sleep paralysis and I have also started dreaming about having panic attacks and this is disconcerting too.

I have just stopped taking a night dose of Valium and have cut out most of my caffeine intake. I have always been a very vivid dreamer and have often experienced lucid dreams and dreams that are interconnected, but the quality of my sleep has been poor of late.

I try to make sure that I get exercise 3-4 times a week and that I keep regular sleep patterns. Daylight savings has messed me up a little. I usually sleep from 11-12 at night to about 7. Or I try to at least!!

Adrough
04-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I used to have a lot of trouble with sleep also. Clonazepam and prayer really helps. I sleep very good now.

nf1234
04-05-2012, 05:27 PM
How many nights a week do you take the Clonazepam? My doctor also prescribed it to me and I do sleep very well when I take it. I am only taking it 2-3 nights a week right now.

Adrough
04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, I take it every night but at my next appointment we are supposed to talk about me coming off of both my meds since ive been on them for a while now and am doing much better.

ladywillow
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm a terrible sleeper too. It ruins my day. I am so exhausted by 3 or 4 in the afternoon but then by 10 or 11 I'm super awake and it takes me hours to get to sleep. Sigh, I just wish I could have a full night :)