PDA

View Full Version : weird walk help

odes16
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
hey im basically overcome anxiety from help.. i just need something solved... when i walk down the halls at school i feel weird when i walk, my muscles mainly in my chest and upper biceps,shoulders, tighten up, and my arms dont swing when i walk, and my back goes straight, and my head doesnt move, it looks completely straight, and my neck muslces are extremely tight, and it only happens when i walk by people in the halls and whenever, but when im alone walking i feel comfortable. I need help with this and i will be completely done with anxiety :))))))))

phishn4842
01-09-2007, 03:44 PM
ha...I thought I was th eonly one...I thought I had just somehow adopted a new wlk...I didnt think it was anxiety related....I like you am on the downswing of the anxiety rollercoaster (for today anyways) and i noticed some new walking behaviors as well...i feel it mostly in my legs...but you are definitely not alone...I dont know how to solve it or any anxiety related issues other than just giving it time...

Scott

jitters
01-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Its our tendency to over think everything. If they thought about it everyone would either walk wierd or tihnk they walked wierd. Chances are only you ever notice the difference, try not to think about it (says me) and the muscles will fall into place. Try Muscle tension and relaxation techniques (I'll post one below) these should help you to understand where your body stores tension and how to relieve it. If not just think you could be starting a new trend. :agree:

Duncan

jitters
01-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR) is a great technique for reducing overall body tension. As you practice tensing and relaxing all the muscle groups in your body, you can move to a shortened procedure, Deep Muscle Relaxation where you rapidly relax your whole body. As you reduce the tension you carry in your body, your whole being will feel less anxious. Here’s how to get started:

Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: 5 Minutes

Here's How:

1. After finding a quiet place and several free minutes to practice, sit or lie down and make yourself comfortable.

2. Begin by tensing all the muscles in your face. Make a tight grimace, close your eyes as tightly as possible, clench your teeth, even move your ears up if you can. Hold this for the count of eight as you inhale.

3. Now exhale and relax completely. Let your face go completely lax, as though you were sleeping. Feel the tension seep from your facial muscles, and enjoy the feeling.

4. Next, completely tense your neck and shoulders, again inhaling and counting to eight. Then exhale and relax.

5. Continue down your body, repeating the procedure with the following muscle groups:

* chest
* abdomen
* entire right arm
* right forearm and hand (making a fist)
* right hand
* entire left arm
* left forearm and hand (again, making a fist)
* left hand
* buttocks
* entire right leg
* lower right leg and foot
* right foot
* entire left leg
* lower left leg and foot
* left foot

6. for the shortened version, which includes just four main muscle groups:

* face
* neck, shoulders and arms
* abdomen and chest
* buttocks, legs and feet

Quickly focusing on each group one after the other, you can relax your body like ‘liquid relaxation’ poured on your head and it flowed down and completely covered you. You can use this technique to quickly de-stress any time.

Hope this helps

Duncan

MikeMarcoe
01-12-2007, 12:24 PM
odes16,

Tai chi or some other martial art should work wonders for you. They teach you a whole new way of moving.