PDA

View Full Version : How long do your panic/anxiety attacks last??

brittney
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I've had mine last for up to months on and off.. I've been having them daily all day on and off, I've convinced myself it's something worse like heart or lung related since I can't breath half the time. I feel like I have to yawn to get a decent breath sometimes.... Anyone else like this? I feel like I'm going crazy!

brittney
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I feel like I've tried everything!! I was on Ativan at one time but they won't give it to me again.. I lost my dad a year ago at the age of 46 to a massive heartattack, that's when all this started. I was doing so much better the last few months. Last weekend my cousin passed away in a four wheeling accident and now it's back!!! I called and asked to be put back in something but it's a new doc and he said no!

beverage22
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I have been suffering for years now (9), and although am on sertraline for depression no one has really tried to get me to talk. As when I go out (twice a month) I binge drink and have black outs resulting in 4 stitches in my knee. I took it upon myself to go a alcoholics counselling place for them to decide in one hour that I may have been suffering from postnatal depression. This am really happy about cos I suffer with severe night sweats, and my marriage has fallen apart I now feel somoething may get done I,e the right help xx your never alone, so I get told lol

leetbulldog
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't worry Britney... I have all that as well .. :/ sucks huh...

brittney
04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't worry Britney... I have all that as well .. :/ sucks huh...

How do you deal with it?

leetbulldog
04-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Keep your calm!!.. I know it's a scary feeling but relax and breathe in breathe out.. and just tell ur mind "it's just anxiety!!.. I will go away" and just start doing something that will get ur mind off it!! trust me Britney!! It will work!!

brittney
04-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Keep your calm!!.. I know it's a scary feeling but relax and breathe in breathe out.. and just tell ur mind "it's just anxiety!!.. I will go away" and just start doing something that will get ur mind off it!! trust me Britney!! It will work!!

Thanks.. It just sucks living like this, I try so hard to breath I get chest pains!

somedude
04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I wish i knew what is causing my anxiety, thats my main problem. It just came out of nowhere and caught me by surprise. Went to doctors and had a bunch of test done(mostly for my heart) and everything came back fine. They told me it might be anxiety.. I didn't want to take meds for it cause I feel like its cheating and will only hurt me in the long run. So I've been trying to get over this on my own but its really hard.

merp
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Britney I know exactly how you feel. I posted a post similar to yours the other night. Im 26 and have been dealing with it since I was 11. I know what you mean by trying to breathe so hard that you get chest pains... It sucks :( still hoping something can make this all get better one day.

merp
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
By the way, my attacks can last weeks at a time as well... I get it for sure.

brittney
04-05-2012, 09:44 AM
By the way, my attacks can last weeks at a time as well... I get it for sure.

I'm sorry, but it's good to know I'm not alone!

knp
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I have been using l theanine for mental calmness
Inositol for physical anxiety and also take b complex that is my happy pill hope this help

Be brave