PDA

View Full Version : Flu/Racing heart

Rae93
04-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I know this isn't necessarily an anxiety related question but it is in the sense it is making me panic a bit.

I am 19, female and it good shape and health from what I am aware of. For the past few days I have been ill, with a heavy head, achey joints, high fever and general flu-like symptoms. I have noticed however than upon standing my heart seems to race off on me which it doesn't normally do. With having the flu my GP said to expect my resting heart rate to be higher than normal due to the higher temperature and my body trying to fight off the infection but I can't help but worry about the racing heart? It only seems to last about 5 seconds or so until I sit down or get used to standing about. I am still feeling a bit unwell and heavy headed.

Do you think this is normal?

brittney
04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a panic or anxiety attack. The more you think about it the worse it will get. Try and relax. Trust me I know it's easier said then done!!

somedude
04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
This is also a problem for me. Your heart does speed up when you stand/walk to when you're sitting. Worrying about your heart will speed it up due to you being nervous. Its a horrible cycle and until you get used to it it will be really annoying.