PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Increasing Paxil Dosage

Hope7
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I've beein on Paxil 15 years at 20 mg. It was a miracle for anxiety and depression. 8 months ago reduced to 10 mg. Two weeks ago went back to 20 mg and am having constant anxiety. Any others had same experience?

jeremyfresno
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Hope I just started Paxil! I'm barely on my 4th pill!! I'm at 10 mg this first week and then increasing to 20mg.....what can I expect??!! I'm so nervous about taking it??! I mainly have anxiety! Does it make you feel zombie like? Or is it really a blessing?

jeremyfresno
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Yea kev I heard the same thing....I actually felt anxiety after the first pill I took but I'm on my 4th pill today and I haven't really felt anxious and I hope it stays away

ez86
04-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't have much experience with this, as I just started paxil a few weeks ago. However, I think you may want to work with someone on cbt and other coping skills to deal with your anxiety.

What made you decide to lessen your dose? Please keep us posted on your progress, I want to know what to expect!

Good luck :)

jeremyfresno
04-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't have much experience with this, as I just started paxil a few weeks ago. However, I think you may want to work with someone on cbt and other coping skills to deal with your anxiety.

What made you decide to lessen your dose? Please keep us posted on your progress, I want to know what to expect!

Good luck :)

Hey Ezra I'm not lessening my dose....I started 10mg and I'm increasing 20mg doctors orders....last night I felt like my anxiety spiked out of nowhere cause I had I guess what you call a "night terror" where I got startled in my dream and I was afraid to go back to sleep.....

ez86
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh well, disregard that last post lol. I just re read it all. Sorry!