PDA

View Full Version : Obssesive Posting...

jitters
01-09-2007, 04:44 AM
In true OCD style I believe I have now become an obsessive poster, this is my 110th post since I joined on the 3rd. Perhaps they should create a new catagory for regular posters such as OPD (Obsessive Posting Disorder).

Anyone else suffering from this terrible affliction the symptoms are:

Regular Posting on Message Boards
Daily Checking of Message Boards
Making more than 25 Posts in a week or ten in a day.
Message Boards Added to Favorites
Emails Received Daily Reminding you that you are following various threads.
Remembering the Names of other posters.

I will be starting a help group for all those fellow sufferers in need of help. As I know other "normal" people just will not understand. :mrgreen:

Duncan

Music_lover
01-09-2007, 05:06 AM
:lol: i'll join you on this one.

jitters
01-09-2007, 05:23 AM
With the support of you and others like you I hope to vanquish this Heinous illness.

Duncan ;)

amarkb
01-09-2007, 07:42 AM
uh-huh, in fact I think is the second one of your posts I've repliued to in the last 10 minutes! :P

Still, better obsessivly talk about getting better than obsessivly worry about dieing!

jitters
01-09-2007, 08:15 AM
All post and no play makes Jitters a dull boy.
All post and no play makes Jitters a dull boy. :shock:

TheBlueDanube
01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
I just thought we were friends. LOL. :tongue: It's the only place I talk I don't feel so bad about being OPD. Only thing that'd cure me is if I added everyone to my aim or yahoo. :lol:

jitters
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
:ponder: OH NO your coming down with OIMD (Obsessive Intstant Messaging Disorder). We dont deal with that here. Move along Weirdo! :biggrin:

Music_lover
01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
:lol: i have OIMD too. haha. but it's just as fun as posting. posting isn't that unhealthy :D

*goes off to post more things*

:halo:

hoppipolla
01-14-2007, 02:39 PM
ha what a great thread! lol

this is going to be the busiest thread in the world i fear given the kind of posters that will be on it! hehe

i have had the same problem to be honest on another forum i was on... making posts and checking threads like way too quickly without just chilling out on there. it's not very nice ._.

it's not specific to forums though as i approach way too many things like that

jitters
01-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the cudos :goodjob: , on a serious note I think that the obssesion with posting is part of the personaility which causes my issues if I do anything, I have to do it 100% obsessively. :ponder:

jitters
01-18-2007, 04:18 AM
As if to prove my point this is my 200th post since I joined 3 Jan. :trolly:

When I am anxious it is because I am living in the future. When I am depressed it is because I am living in the past. ~Author Unknown

stressedntexas
01-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Jitters, if you weren't on here, then we'd all just be crazy people walking around in circles. :shock: Thanks for all the postings!!!!

jitters
01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Honourable Mention

Goes to Jordie

For posting beyond the call of duty.

Jordie seriously belongs in this club if he carries on this way he'll be catchin me up.

:bow: [/u]

jitters
01-25-2007, 02:27 AM
My OPD has taken on a new dimension, I now feel compelled to get to the top of the top ten posters on the members list. Gotta way to go to catch shoe though. But I am now Number Two. I hope that doesn't mean I am poo. :(

Honourable Mentions

V for Victor

and

Music_lover

:bow:

Welcome to the club. May we all be cured of this terrible illness.

Duncan (OPD President UK) :wacko:

Music_lover
01-28-2007, 12:17 PM
My computer was broken, and I can finally post again.

-puts down stress ball-

I missed posting.

:lol:

Jeordie
01-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Haaaaaaaahahahahahahah....

Dude, almost 300 posts...and you joined when I joined???!?
S I C K !!!

Well, you post way too much, but at least your posts make sense (except for this whole thread maybe :unsure: ), so, keep doing that.

I'll follow you wherever you go, sergeant.

Jeordie
01-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Jitters...it's scary to get in the forum and find a whole column of last posts by you every time. Scary.

And why aren't you adding one to this? That's scary too.

jitters
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Just thought I'd let somone else take the rains for ten mins. Dont worry I'm still here.

Your not doin' too bad yourself MASTER POSTER lol hit 100 and you'll become one of the very few elite MUCHO CONTRIBUTORS like moi and brickyard_red.

Duncan :sleep:

Jeordie
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow. May the lord allow me to soon reach the Mucho Contributor rank.

Music_lover
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I wanan join that rank.

We could have a party when we reach it.

:D

jitters
01-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Indeed it is truly the rank of the OPD sufferer. :toothy:

jitters
01-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Yaaaaayyyyy!!! 300 posts. :woot: :devil: :cool:

And to celebrate I am going to give myself a new tagline... Hmmm

Any Ideas.

Duncan (does a little jig)

Jeordie
01-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Jits, look. I'm Master Poster now. It sounds much more relevant than Mucho Contributor!! What are you, my fellow DONKEY?

jitters
01-31-2007, 08:58 AM
YES MATHDER.

Donkey (sh*t I mean Duncan)

jitters
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Jordie moves up to ninth in the all time rankings. Only 19 posts until he becomes a mighty MUCHO CONTRIBUTOR.

Duncan

Jeordie
02-06-2007, 05:55 AM
That will take some time.

Angel
02-15-2007, 05:38 AM
My computer was broken, and I can finally post again.

-puts down stress ball-

I missed posting.

I have this kool looking stressball-type thing that i got at the korner store.

Its like a rubber decayed looking head (where you are buried and dead for quite sometime, and you start developing gravewax ans start turning gray)
and inside it is a little klear rubber ball, with real looking worms and soem blood (to keep them moist looking)

and you sqqqqqueeze and and the wet bloody looking worms kan wiggle out of either eye or its mouth...its kool.

jitters
02-15-2007, 06:12 AM
LOL that sounds cool do you know if you can get them on the net?

juliana
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I have OPD too! LOL. I also run a message board for Lovehammers fans and post on other Loverhammers fan boards as well as a board about BPPV and Labyrinthitis. My friends on the Lovehammers board know more about my personal life than my family does.

Here's my justification, though -- cuz I always have a justification. We live such busy lives. My friends in the "real" world -- my urban family -- all have crazy busy professional and personal lives just like I do. It's hard for us to get our schedules in synch to get together and just hang out like we did when we were in college. We usually manage dinner or a house party about once a month but there are inevitably some cancellations because of sick kiddies or overtime at the office. So, it's nice to have a group of people on-line to check in with every day and have a little chat. My friends on the Lovehammers board have become very good friends. I have travelled all over the U.S. with them -- stayed at their houses -- and done things that have helped me to overcome some of my phobias, so they have been a very positive force (and support system) in my life.

Message boards are just the village square of the 21st century.

jitters
02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Whatever eases the pain is O.K. by me. I'll listen to some lovehammers and see what I think.

Music_lover
02-15-2007, 01:24 PM
That stress ball sounds really cool, haha. I want one like that now. I used to have a lot of stress head things that were on keychainrs. Their eyes would pop out and they would be all gooey. I had like a witch and a mummy and Halloween ones. haha

Music_lover
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Yay I started the 3rd page. I feel pretty special and cool.

jitters
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
You are and a "Master Poster." :) This thread just keeps going and going.

Music_lover
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
oh! what does that mean? and yes this one post just keeps going and going. it's the best. probably because almost everyone on here has OPD haha.

:toothy:

jitters
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
:twisted:

Music_lover
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
:shock: