PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety hits me at night the most.

CarJim75
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I've noticed around bed time is when my anxiety hits me the most, any suggestions in what I can do? Thanks.

MsMichie
04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I used to listen to music. It would be some soft rock or jazz music that I was familiar with. I find that just plain jazz or tunes that I don't know don't always help because I tune out quickly since I wouldn't know the songs.

I listen barbra streisand. I think Ella Fitzgerald or Nikki yanofsky is good to, they are calming music for me. What kind of music do you like?

When I can't sleep because I'm thinking or worrying I might also put the tv on and have it turn off after an hour. I'd watch lifetime network shows, home decor shows, it's enough to distract my mind from thinking.

laurandisorder
04-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Establish a calming routine to settle your mind.

A nice cup of tea or warm milk, a shower or bath. Even something as simple as lighting a candle or burning some aromatherapy oil (lavender is good for sleep) can make a big difference to anxiety levels.

I always read before I fall asleep and I'm usually out within half an hour. If I'm struggling, I turn off all my lights and will myself to relax. I start by tensing and relaxing my toes, legs and work my way up the body, trying to relax all my muscles.

It can be really hard. I get anxious about what the next day will bring and I am always so exhausted, but sometimes night jerks and nightmares stop me from having a rested night.

Good luck.

CarJim75
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
I love jazz music!

Thank you guys! Im going to try all the above and see what works best for me.