PDA

View Full Version : The Moment You Trigger the Panic Attack

PanicCured
04-01-2012, 03:59 PM
For panic attacks, these stem from over exhaustion or stressed out in some way in your life. The nervous system is on high alert and is over stimulated and sensitive. This is the perfect breeding ground for a panic attack. A lot of times, it seems that you have heart attack like symptoms or other horrific deadly symptoms or maybe even feelings that you surely are going crazy. I described it as, "Feeling I have multiple brains and they are all doing somersaults over each other."

But as much as I was hell bent on telling doctors, friends and family that my racing heart, can't breathe symptoms, shaking, and everything just came out of nowhere, in reality, there was a point where I triggered it. A very subtle point. Maybe even for a split second. Some type of "My god is this it?" type of thing. Even upon waking, there was probably a moment where you let out fear that triggered the cascade of events.

Part of the healing process here is being honest with yourself. Taking full responsibility for your healing, with any disorder and disease, is the first step to bringing the power of curing yourself in your own hands. If we see it as something being done to us, we lose our healing power. When we can see it as something we are doing, well then, we can then be the ones to stop it and get better. Anxiety is a feeling of lack of control and power. Things are being done to you is how it feels.

Turn the tables around. If you are causing the anxiety, then you can stop the anxiety. This gives you your power back! If you are doing it to yourself, what is that point in time that causes the triggers?

This thread is for those who believe THEY have the power to cure their anxiety and are willing to take the steps to do it. They wish to join me as an ex-anxiety sufferer and then in turn help those who are suffering. If this is not you, then this thread is not for you, and you can post on the other threads.

liveitup898
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
You are correct.......

I have triggered enough anxiety/panic attacks this year simply from thinking about something stupid....something scary....things about the past that i cannot change.....

I have given too much power to my negative thoughts, and i am desperate to stop it.

Maybe its been extra tough this year due to being off my medication, but i am trying so hard to stay off it.

I just wish to stop being so pessimistic.........

mommy.n
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Any tips for turning it around?

MsMichie
04-02-2012, 05:25 PM
They say breathing exercises or meditation help but I don't know because I don't think I've been able to calm down from either.

Somehow being with my significant other helps but I just hope his presence continues to be soothing, I worry that at some point he's going to get fed up with my drama.

Like if you can find that person who can make you feel calm it doesn't matter how they manage to do it, seek them out because maybe that can relieve the anxiety.

PanicCured
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey guys. Im really into getting your power back and overcoming anxiety, rather than being dependant on medication forever or just assumign this is somethign you need to learn to live with.

I suggest combining my methods here: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?9512-The-Quick-Guide-to-Stopping-Panic-Attacks

with seeing that moment in time where the fight or flight response gets activated.

You must know that you can get past this. It's just a matter of time, but you 100% can get past this!

PanicCured
04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
What are some moments where you find the anxiety is triggered?

ohioren
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
You are correct..giving too much power to my thoughts..thinking the worst. I had a mole one time and was anxious it was skin cancer..clearly it was my doing