PDA

View Full Version : is this real?

jman
03-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Okay...let me tell you about my self. I'm 20 diagnosed with crohns, I have a son, attend school, and have a part time job, very calm and easy going not bothered much by anything drug free type a guy. That has all changed recently...I woke up 3 weeks ago feeling a little off not sure why though. I got on the bus to go to school and as I stepped off I looked around feeling a bit uneasy...my perception/ vision changed like I was in a fishbowl of some sort (derealization feelings) and I got freaked out, heart beating fast so i called someone to pick me up and ever since I have these feelings everytime I go outside and overall feel weird, weak, detatched...had a severe panic episode lasting a few days . I havnt attended school since, havnt spent much time with friends, havnt seen my son...I just try n stay away from everything. I thought it may have been that I didn't eat that morning but no...I've seen a psycholigist who thinks its generalized anxiety and a family doc who thinks the same...I was prescribed xanax which helps a little. My lifestyle is poor, I have untreated crohns, I smoke cigs, don't exercise, have poor nutrition, slightly underweight, I just want to know if this is really anxiety...I can hardly function, confused, sick feeling, lazy, blank minded, detatched, scared mess. I was only tested for vitamin deficiencies nothing showed but high hemoglobin, and low vitamin d. Recent events in my life are my dad was diagnosed with cancer, girlfriend left me, some type of cold lasting a week right before this, discontinued remicade for my crohns....can't think of anything else. I just don't know if this is anxiety because it doesn't fit my personality, people tell me stop worrying but I feel very physically run down & mentally absent for the most part. All I do is search Google trying to get answers because this doesn't make sense to me.

Girlie77
03-31-2012, 11:02 PM
How awful for you! As you will probably find reading other posts, your situation fits right in with other anxiety prone people. Most of us with panic issues are triggered by medical problems, even just minor discomfort. This in relation to the major life stressors you are experiencing can definitely set off a panic episode. Hopefully your meds will start helping more, if they do not be sure to let your doctor know, he may need to adjust your dosage. In the mean time try to find ways to distract yourself from the negative thinking and stay off Google! I am a total Internet diagnosis seeker too and nothing good comes from doing that. Good luck to you!