PDA

View Full Version : frustrated...

Skizo
03-31-2012, 11:38 AM
so been taking ADs for over a month but I see not much improvement ... :(

I feel so tired and surreal/distant and futureless and dizzy and like a zombie basically, i dont know what to do anymore .... what is wrong with me someone pls help :(

i wanna drink and party but im feeling like a zombie ... :(

anxiousmess
03-31-2012, 11:49 AM
hiya skizo. you have to remember, meds can take up to 8 weeks before you see any change.

if they still haven't done anything by this point, i'd go back to the doctors :)

anxigone123
03-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Often times anxiety medication can be very nittpicky. What I mean by that is that certain medications will work with certain people so if after 8 or so weeks you are not feeling any improvements I would defenatly go back to your doctor and let him know you have not felt any better and they can try another type of medication.

Skizo
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
nono i have used this same thing before.... but now the last few months anxiety has come back :(

some people here may know me better.... still having a hard time accepting it anxiety but its rly strange any way.....i feel dizzy/tired/surreal/futureless .... and for a pretty long time now i dont even know if I feel better at all... I may be only 5-10% better then i was a month ago... :(

Skizo
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Also Im really very stressed ... my school and social life are going downhill very fast and I feel helpless and futureless... and also careless, I do some very reckless things and I dont even care any more...

laurandisorder
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm fairly new here, so I don't know all of your history.

Finding the right antidepressant was a challenge for myself and my Doctor. When I first went on Zoloft, the first I was prescribed, when I was 19, I felt very similar to how you feel now - I didn't feel like the real me. They helped after a while, but I was on maximum dose and after time they peaked out and seemed to stop working.

Medication is always trial and error and you have to often experience side effects when finding the right ones. The other vital aspect of medication is that you really need to compliment it with proper treatment from a psychiatrist or psychologist to work through the issues that cause your depression and anxiety in the first place.

I hope you're feeling more like yourself soon xxx

Skizo
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
forwells what do you think about this... you know my history the best here i think :P

Skizo
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I feel like a zombie... seriously...

jeremyfresno
04-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey skizo!!

I don't believed we've ever talked but reading your thread caught my attention....kev is right I think you might need to stop partying cause alcohol affects your annxiety and even worse your depression cause you might feel guilt....also alcohol with the mess is not good to combine either I'm sure you know that though....I really hope thinks get better but like forwells said take time to really heal :)

Skizo
04-01-2012, 05:13 PM
maan im feeling like a zombie....... my mom thinks its because of the AD's...... next week i go to my pshyc... also I want to drink a lil bit, how much can I drink? is one or two beers okay?

Skizo
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
man i dont trust big pharma at all... its making me nervous about ADs because I know big pharma wants to kill us people.

Skizo
04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
i rly wanna drink some beers... :S also im tired of this AD's i think im sleepy and tired all the time!.. and other symptoms I have is difficult concentrate, surreal feeling, depression and dizzy...

laurandisorder
04-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I quite often have a bevvie or two and I have been on ADs for years.

The trick is to experiment to know your limits (mine sits around 3-4 beers, depending on if I have had Valium in the last few days as well).

If you do choose to drink, be very careful and take it slow. The state you're in at the moment, you'll probably end up asleep after a drink!

Which medication do you think is causing such drowsiness?

Skizo
04-03-2012, 04:48 AM
i only use ciraset (same as cipralex)

Im feeling like a complete zombie !!! for almost 2 months now please i dont know what to do anymore..... im really frustrated...... :S :(

i dont even know if the ADs are making it any better or worse...

Skizo
04-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Totally feeling like a zombie, hard to socialize and work....

Skizo
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
forwells ... i rly dont want to start trying different ADs and shit,.. that cycle may last forever and I dont even trust ADs and I dont trust my psych at all, he is like a crazy man and all he wants is to sell me pills. Also my mother dont like me taking pills

I will try a few more weeks with this AD.. maybe increase dosage a little bit.. or maybe ADs are causing my weirdness... i just dont know its so frustrating...

but maan i feel like a ZOMBIEEE!!! i cant even speak to people I sound like im dying.. :S

Man really I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE taking AD's and I feel like a zombie!!

you dont understand.... i dont trust AD's I know this things are made to make dependant and Im not even sure of their effect at all... I rly want your advice but.. you understand I can't start trying all kind of different shit, that will mess me up even more and takes ages.

Skizo
04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Im thru with this crap......i need to know the fucking truth, there is no way in this world i will try every fucking ad there is,..... I hate it, i need to know if ads is causing my zombieness or what is it..... Im soooo sick of it........ !!!!!!! Im gonna tell my psychiatrist to fuck himself, im sick of it.

Skizo
04-03-2012, 12:00 PM
my mother is telling me that i feel like a zombie because of the ADs and that I will have permanent brain damage because of them , and my psych is telling me to take them.....

WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?!?!??!?!?!

Skizo
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
my mom is usually right about this kind of stuff.... but seriously if I stop taking them I don't think that is gonna help either... i just dont know what to do please man tell me...

tb69
04-03-2012, 12:45 PM
How many years of medical training does your mom have. The reason I never started recovery and suffered all through school was my dad was like this too.

Skizo
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
i know but my mom has always healed me all my life and has always been right about everything,....

knp
04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
I have been using inositol multivitamine rescue remedy spray b complex

This all are helping with anxiety and panic
It is said that inositol works for physical anxiety

Also google inositol for anxiety

Skizo
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Accept what? That im feeling like a zombie?.. this is pretty bad its been a long time no improvement.

Skizo
04-04-2012, 10:18 AM
its so confusing everyone is telling me to stop with pills but my psych tells me to take them but i dont trust him...... i dunno what to do :(

Adrough
04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
How long have you been on the meds?

Skizo
04-04-2012, 06:59 PM
7 weeks or so...

laurandisorder
04-05-2012, 05:15 AM
It really sounds like you (and the people around you) are trying to fight the pills.

This might sound dumb, but if you are spending a lot of your energy and brain power stressing about the pills and how they are making you feel, you are pretty much reducing the impact that they could have and making yourself drained and tired in the process.

It takes 2-3 months for them to make a noticeable difference. If you still feel like crap in a week, go to your doctor, tell him how shitty you feel and wean off the pills.

They won't hurt you. They won't do long term damage. I know this sounds cheesy, but you have to give them a chance to help you. In a week ask yourself do you feel better or worse on the medication and do what you feel is right.

Good luck

Skizo
04-05-2012, 07:11 AM
i went to my psych, he told me to increase dosage to 1,5 pills up from 1.... and if that dont work he told me a scary thing that i might have to go to a psychiatric hospital, otherwise known as a nuthouse!! this I cannot ever in my life do, i will rather kill myself.

A psychiatric hospital has a very bad name in my country and everybody thinks that there go only totally crazy people.

Adrough
04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Ok, the biggest thing that has helped me is to believe completely and realize it is my anxiety and I can overcome it. Also, read read read so you get a full understanding of it. I've been where you are. You will get past this if you're willing. Another big thing, it can be easy to withdraw yourself from events and things. Go out, dont stay home and lay around. Even when you don't feel like doin anything, do it. I hope this helps! I know it's hard but you can overcome it. Remember that.

Adrough
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Also, are you on a benzo along with it? If not, I suggest you ask your doctor about getting on one. I take clonazepam and it really helps and you don't feel weird in the head with it.

Skizo
04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
I dont think I feel any better at all... been nearly 2 months now.... I was just talking to some people and smoking a cig and I felt really dizzy... :S

anxietykidd
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Try not smoking

Skizo
04-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Been two months now..... I dont know how I feel really..... I feel better than in february but not good at all.... still it is kind of hard to concentrate! .... still feeling surreal and distant...

laurandisorder
04-21-2012, 04:21 AM
It's almost 3 moths for me skiz.

Some days are almost normal and some are almost intolerable. And it seems like every bad day sets me up for a nasty stint.

I'm trying to be positive. Have you considered any form of CBT? I'm doing the TEA forms every day and that seems to help a little.

Skizo
04-21-2012, 05:45 AM
what is CBT?

Skizo
04-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Also I think being unorganized is bad.... I sleep, eat, socialize, exercise, etc, irregularly........ its all very random.

laurandisorder
04-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Cognitive behaviour therapy. It's often used to treat anxiety and depression and works by helping you change your thought patterns to combat negative thinking.

I'm working through it now on my own - I have a long wait to see a psychologist. There is lots of info on it online.

In regards to lifestyle. I find regularity in what you do is a key to being better prepared to face each day.

Skizo
04-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I dont have psychological problems...... What I have is I am physically unable to concentrate... like when I try to focus my eyes on some spot then it is very hard it is like disturbed...kind of like dizziness but I dont understand.... and its very tiering I feel tired all the time also, and I feel surreal like I am observing my life in third person.........been like this for two months now.

Skizo
04-25-2012, 04:42 AM
what do you think about these symptoms forwells?

Skizo
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Really these symptoms... I was just watching out the window and I cant focus...

Skizo
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Really tiring especially with summer coming and I cant rly enjoy myself..

Anyway forwells what does you think about mah symptoms?

Skizo
05-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Its the same old symptoms..... a little dizziness, hard to focus (like when I try to focus my eyes on a single spot it is hard like disturbed) and sometimes feeling tired and unable to socialize... been over two months now.. I'm still taking my AD.
Sometimes it gets better but sometimes worse... I dont know if this is anxiety or what... anyway its rly frustrating especially because its really hard to socialize and I cant drink alcohol...... I dont know what else I am supposed to do about it. I am taking my AD as my psych told me to...

Anyway do you think these symptoms like hard to focus and feeling surreal like im observing my life in third person... are anxiety and fixed by my ADs?

Well it is like 25% better than it was in february but still its not normal... maybe Im just getting used to it IDK. Especially like when Im talking to girls...and trying to flirt with them the dizziness gets stronger and I get a bit of heavy head feeling as well...

Skizo
05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I agree... but its kind of frustrating that I cant get drunk and I have troubles getting a girlfriend.... but thanks anyway, I'll start riding my bike a lot now that it is warm outside so I think that it improves me hopefully.

trinidiva
05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree with forwells, I think most girls would be understanding once you explain the situation......and as far as drinking.....you kind of get used to not drinking........and you realize you don't really need it to have a good time...

Skizo
05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Should I not communicate with girls at all then? I was thinking about going out with my crush in an amusement park, but it could be pretty stressful to my psych.

Skizo
05-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I really dont know what to do.... I feel like its a risk going out with my crush but what else is there to do really, i gotta live life...

Skizo
05-17-2012, 05:36 PM
I have better and worse days.... today has been quite good actually, I'm still tired and anxious but the vision/dizziness has been pretty stable today so I feel better. But I still get tired very fast... I don't mean physically tired but mentally tired, I feel like i dont want to communicate with anyone when the tired feeling comes.

Skizo
06-23-2012, 01:49 AM
It is so frustrating that I can't drink at all.... it's just so horrible... I can't drink even on holidays when everyone gets pissed. I can't even have a few beers how am I supposed to have any fun at all....

Overall, still not normal sadly..... ofcourse it is better, but it varies from day to day, sometimes I feel basically normal, sometimes worse... but it is supposed to be constantly normal.

I am just sick of this, I'm getting to a point that I will just stop taking my ADs and start drinking.... altho that is very high risk.

Buttercup
06-23-2012, 07:21 AM
I know it's hard when you are used to drinking to have a good time. But you really do not need booze to enjoy yourself and if you do then there's a problem. I used to be a party girl and loved drinking, thought if I didn't have alcohol it'd be a crap night, thought that folk who didn't drink were weird and truly believed that without booze I'd be really boring and wouldn't have fun. That is all rubbish though and I was being narrow minded. I now don't drink at all for various reasons and I have come to realise that I don't need booze to have fun when I'm on a night out with my friends. I never thought I'd say that but it's true. Hopefully you'll come to realise this as well and be able to enjoy yourself again. And no more crappy hangovers either! Remember your doing yourself a world of good by not boozing during times of anxiety and while your on your meds.

syoungman
06-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Hello. I am sorry to hear your struggles!! Quick info about my anxiety == In March I woke up with a horrible feeling I've never felt before and basically didn't get out of bed for three days!! Keep in mind I've never had this before and I am 40 yrs. old. So after the
third day I drug myself to the Dr. and he told me I was having severe anxiety. Gave me a ssr and sent me on my way..... Well after taking that little blue pill things hightened even further which is a side effect that would go away eventually ???? (I was told) Not. I couldn't sleep,eat, or work hardly.. Went back to the Dr. 3 days later and he prescribed a different ssr and it didn't help either. Well this medication takes a while sometimes to work and basically I never gave them time to work which my Dr. didn't even consider??
Flushed all medication down the toilet and then started slowly making myself do things that I didn't want to do -- Excercise, yard work, anything to get my mind off the anxiety rollercoaster... Things did not get better quickly but after a month of up and downs I started seeing how anxiety worked on me and I slowly started to understand it and learn how to cope when it reared its ugly head.. It is now the end of June and I still have times of anxiety but they don't control me!! I am a father of three and I am back to my old self and
I did it without medication.. It can be done.. Although if medication is the route you take give it time and get out and do things. Take care

dazza
06-23-2012, 08:05 AM
************************************************** **************************************************

Skizo
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I'll do my best to avoid alcohol.... but its not like im gonna be sober for the rest of my life, alcohol was the best thing in my life before, it was the only thing that made me happy and a year from now I want to be able to drink again.

Anyway I have another question, I have noticed that my anxiety gets stronger and I get slight dizziness every time I go to shop in the store, whats up with that?

Skizo
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Anyway forwells what do you think about it? It is pretty clear that I feel the dizziness stronger when in the store... :S What does this indicate to you?

Skizo
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Fuck this shit i dont know what to do any more its been ... 5 months now... and im still not good... and i fucking hate my psychatrist and i dont trust him.... and i hate taking ADs....maybe I should start excercising like a mad man, perhaps that helps.... still im a FUCKING ZOMBIE!:S

What is this? Can it be explained by anything other than anxiety? What else can make chemical inbalance in the brain??

kmarie30
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I am totally relating to you. I've had this crazy dizziness for 10+ months had scans meds etc. nothing helps but ativan. It calms the dizzy feeling. But my surroundings are still weird around me. I still feel like I'm walking on a trampoline some days. I get constant anxiety. Stores are still horrible. Sitting still. Moving all that still sucks. I cry every day about it. My body is just messed up. I can't control it at all. I want my life back. If I drink I feel better till the next day. Then I pay big time. I've a feeling it's going to be a long ass recovery.

Skizo
07-05-2012, 09:46 AM
The dizziness gets stronger in social situations, in one way I find it positive, because it is a clear indicator to me that it is anxiety. But its still frustrating overall.