PDA

View Full Version : Something finally clicked.

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Just wanted to share a great experience I had recently that has, for some unknown reason, been helping me combat anxiety.

I recently started therapy to help overcome my anxiety.

At my last appointment I was pretty detached and fidgety, normal anxiety issues.

The thing is, me and her were talking about something...symptoms...I don't exactly remember...but she said something along the lines of 'and you know it's just the anxiety' and I don't know how it happened....but it was like something clicked in my brain and I was able to get a tiny grasp of control over my anxiety again.

I still get some attacks, and I'm not saying I'm cured, but it's defiantly been easier to control the anxiety again.

pamom1980
03-30-2012, 08:29 AM
My first therapy session is in a few weeks and I'm nervous. I don't know what it's going to be like and how comfortable or uncomfortable I'm going to be talking to a complete stranger about my issues. I know that I am looking forward to it so that they can help me deal with everything, but I've never opened up to a stranger.. I have a hard enough time telling my inner feelings to my spouse and/or other family members... Should be pretty interesting to say the least.