PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from someone who is losing it

kaym
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I am going mad. I have been having anxiety attacks for the past few years at night but in the last few weeks I have started having them in the daytime too.
My fiance is away on business at the moment and I cannot sleep. I feel ill and the room is spinning.
I have a lovely partner and a teenage son who is great, we live in a nice house and I like my job(s). I am waiting for my divorce from my ex to come through so I can marry my very lovely fiance who I absolutely adore and he loves me very much.
I am overweight which gets me very down but I dont know if that is the major issue. I feel so hopeless and have no one to talk to tonight, I have been pacing the house for 5 hours with my heart racing. I cannot sleep.
I went to the doctors tonight and she wanted to give me anti-depressants and a sedative but I refused them, she has referred me to a therapist though which I really think I need.

I am actually going mad right now and keep getting cold feelings through me and crying I need help I really need help.

miss_mac666
03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
keep your head up kay

Claire

alankay
03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Kay, in addition to seeing the therapist I would consider taking the benzo(sedative) once just to break the vicious cycle of anxiety and more anxiety. They are well tolerated meds and will help quickly whereas the AD will take time. Alankay

ladywillow
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Kay, I have to agree with alankay. If taken properly the benzos really do help give relief when relief is needed!