PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid problem

ez86
03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Over the past few months, two people have suggested that I get my thyroid checked. One is my mother, in reference to my depression and GAD. The other is someone I work with, who knows nothing of my mental health but noticed that I am always bundled up in the office. I've done some searching, and apparently thyroid problems, low body temp, anxiety and depression can all be related.

I want to ask the psychiatrist I am seeing next week about having tests run on this. Does anyone have experience on this? If I have a thyroid problem, I want to treat it properly!

laurandisorder
03-30-2012, 03:23 AM
It's the first thing they tested me for when I presented with my most recent incident.

It's a simple blood test. Go and get it done!!

(my thyroid - whatever that is anyway - is fine!!)

mommy.n
03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Get the test done for sure. I did a few times because I was kind of hoping it was my thyroid was the reason. That might sound weird but true

ladywillow
03-30-2012, 09:57 AM
As Laura said, its a quick blood test. Mommy, I had mine done too because I was hoping there was a biological reason for the anxiety. No luck, though :)

ez86
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah, probably wishful thinking but still worth a shot

ez86
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
They gave actually done no tests at all ad far as blood and urine go. This is why I'm trying to figure out exactly what to ask for. I don't want to insist on a full panel as that seems like overkill and is probably expensive. Thanks kev

ez86
03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
They have*

Jme
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
That's usually the forst thing they check and then heart problems and so on. And mine always comes back normal. Funny story I got panic attacks ever since I tuck diet pills I'm sure and positive those pills did something to me like it mest up something inside of me but everything comes back normal. So I really don't know where my anxiety comes from. But u should get ur thyroid checked good luck hope u get the answer ur looking for.