PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to call this

okami1995
03-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi. So basically, I will occasionally share a bed with my mother. I never sleep in the same bed as her, but we'll sit and watch TV and read books and stuff. Because I'm so irrationally anxious about everything lately, this is getting to me as well. I know I'm being irrational, but I need reassurance. I guess I just need an outside POV

anxiousmess
03-30-2012, 12:44 PM
hiya. why is sharing a bed with your mother getting to you?

okami, from your posts...your thoughts are completely controlling you! are you on any meds or are you in any therapy?

okami1995
03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
It's just anxiety. I can get anxious over just about anything, including this. I've been made to feel ashamed of who I am by bullies ever since I was about five or six, not to mention I have a genetic predisposition to anxiety, as both my parents suffer from it themselves. I know this anxiety is totally irrational, but it doesn't help any when I think that, because the thoughts still linger. I do take propranolol when I feel especially anxious.

anxiousmess
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
it sounds more like ocd to me with the thoughts you're worrying about. i might be wrong, but look it up.
because if that is the case, it can be properly treat with the right meds, and you won't need to worry about these thoughts anymore :)

okami1995
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
I think I do have ocd. Not only do thoughts constantly cycle around in my head, I also have habits outside of the mind, such as making sure that doors are in the right position, and that the taps and oven are off and such things like that. Some habits are worse than others though. If I'm feeling anxious, when I'm in my room, I keep looking at my lamp to check it's still on the table, not just once or twice, but several times.

anxiousmess
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
ocd is an anxiety disorder. if it is troubling you and you want help, then i definitely think a trip to the doctors is in order :)