PDA

View Full Version : Any personal advice on Paxil??

jeremyfresno
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Even though im doing better compared to how I was back in january my anxiety is still lingering adn I havve good days and bad days....I'm currently on NO medications but my primary thinks I should take an anti-depressant/anxiety medication to help me out and carry on with my life....We have talked about paxil....Does anyone have a personal experience on taking paxil?? side effects?? Even if it was helpful please let me know I would appreciate it!

~Jeremy

ez86
03-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Just started taking Paxil. It has been about a week and a half. I'm not sure if it is working at all yet, but I have some annoying side effects that I'm dealing with. I have heard that they go away after three weeks or so. My primary prescribed it to me as well, but I am following up with a psychiatrist next Wednesday and we will see what she says.

I guess every med is different for every person. Try it out and see how it goes.

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I am taking Paxil 10 mg, I have been taking it for about a month. Yes it does work you just have to wait out the side effects which will go away around the 2nd week.

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Yes the side do go away and Paxil does work. I have been on Paxil for about a month and my anxiety has declined. Just hang in there, it will get better

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Hey guys thanks for the reply!!! What are the most sever side effects you've had???

Suicidal thoughts?? That side effect scares me the most

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
A little nervousness and some headaches. Very little side effects.

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Ohh ok good to know!!

It's seems like the side effects may be nothing I can't handle!!

I'm sure a little more nervousness won't be too bad!! I was just scared of the more serious side effects I read about!

And after taking it you feel like you were able to get your normal life back??

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Started to feel normal around the 3rd week. I know what your going through, I too read all the bad stuff and put off taking it for about a month. I wish that I never read any of the negative. The key is to think positive at all times.

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks lady-d73

yea i keep hearing all the negative experiences but never actually hear about the good experiences!!! I just want to make sure if i take paxil I will be ok and wont feel worse with the medication..

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Just remember what works for one person may not work for the other. I took zoloft first and didn't work. If Paxil don't work for you don't give up, just try another Med.

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
True! Well im close with my physician and she allows me to choose which medication I want but she strongly had recommended paxil because she took it and she told me it helped her a lot.....Its just a decision that is putting so much pressure because I cant seem to make up my mind...techinically I've been doing better but im not 100% and she feels like I need a boost to get back to my normal self.....Do you find paxil to be addicting from your personal experience?

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 04:29 PM
No. If it wasn't for Paxil I would have done lost my mind. I know your scared, but give it a try and you will feel the difference. How many mg is your Paxil?

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 05:13 PM
You know what I totally forgot how many mg....she wrote me the prescription and I missed placed it at the moment.... I'm sure I'll find it or I can have her write me another one....are you still currently on Paxil?

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes I am, it is my wonder drug.

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Lol hahaha....So how's your anxiety holding up now?? None at all? Or what do you do to cope with it?

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
My anxiety is way much better then it was before paxil

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Good to know thanks! I think I'm going to do it

lady-d73
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM
You'll be fine.

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you though for talking to me about it! I very much appreciate it!! I also have some YouTube videos that I made if you want to check them out....YouTube.com/user/jeremyfresno

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Kev i appreciate your reply!!

you made a lot of ggod points!! It's simply my first time taking any medication on a daily basis and quite frankly it scares me! I'm 23 and knowing that i have to take something everyday and that it might have great side effects brings chills.

My doctor had recommended paxil and I've researched it and all that good stuff...and people always seems to talk down medicine...Its rare to find posotive feed back so that doesnt make the situation and better....lady-d73 was just telling me that paxil has worked for her and that it really changed her life....so maybe I will have a positive experience with it...

I've made great progress on my own to be honest but I still get these sporatic moments of feeling im on the the edge and when those symptoms come I start to think "i cant do this forever." I've learned to control it better but still controlling it is also fighting it to a certain degree...its like you said the medicine will help with all the symptoms I have....

I think if I take paxil and also do some therapy I might be able to tweek my brain back to normality and eventually get off the medication slowly....I think the medication will allow me my body to come back to a normal state...I think I just need that little "boost"

so you havent been on any medication in the past?? You're barely thinking about going on medication?

thanks for the reply kev

jeremyfresno
03-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Forwells!!!!!!!!

You just came through with some vital information!!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE LINK!!!

It was what I was looking for but couldnt find it!! Theres a lot of good reviews on paxil actually!! I kept reading the horror stories but im sure thats only 2% of the population...

I think convential medicine supresses symptoms to let your body recover but not to depend on medication cause when we over use it then thats when it becomes dangerous and you become dependant...I think the body can heal itself but sometimes we need a little boost and I think this is when paxil will come in...I plan to go on it temporarly..

I hope the new medication helps you kick smoking!! How long have you been smoking for?

mommy.n
03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
It may just give you that little boost you need. It's not a lot of med anyways your doing a great job on your own too, you should be proud of yourself. Nothing wrong with taking the Paxil.
The idea of medication always bothered me, I've been on it forever, but I just recently realized I am no less of a person for taking it.
(never taken Paxil.....I'm on Effexor xr)

jeremyfresno
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Yea I'm trying to think of it like that...a little boost!! I actually just called in to get my prescription sent to my pharmacy....I think I need to be on it cause it will help me a lot!! I've been tackling this with no mess for quite some time now and I need some assistance from some good ol conventional medicine....

mommy.n
03-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Ya for sure keep your positive thinking about the medication & I am sure it will help you even more that way. Remember to give it time as well......in my personal experience (others may be different) I got worse for the first bit (a week or 2) but it does get better! I think it's about 4 weeks for full effect.
I am also on a different med, so you might feel good right away! Please keep us posted & thanks for your videos, I subscribed!

jeremyfresno
03-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much for subscribing!!!

I made those videos for you guys!! So you guys get a picture of me and see my progress and can relate that we're all I'm this together!! Feel free to leave comments about what you want me to talk about in my next videos too!! I love to answer questions!

Yea I heard the first couple weeks you feel nauseous or dry mouth but nothing to serious...I spoke with my pharmacist today and he said to give it a go and I should be fine...he also said if I ever got a panic attack while on Paxil it's ok to take a Xanax along with it...they don't interact with eachother