PDA

View Full Version : jaw / teeth clenching

plumb
03-28-2012, 03:43 PM
i am finding myself nearly constantly clenching my teeth unawarely , does anybody have any tips to stop doing this, i think it is contributing to my pain around temple area

ladywillow
03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I clench as well. I don't know if you are on medication or not, but if you are that may be adding to it, or so my dentist said. I had to go and get a bite-plate and it really helps :)

bullyMeNever
06-17-2012, 10:38 AM
My godmother would clench a lot, and she would grind at night, it started to damage her teeth and cause pain her mouth, and then headaches.

It was because of all the meds she was taking, plus she was too tired from the anxiety. It is a horrible combination of symptoms, you should search About . com to find natural remedies to your situation.

Buttercup
06-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I started doing this years ago when I was put on citalopram and the jaw clenching led to constant pain around my jaw and temples and also clicking of my jaw. My dentist made me a splint (like a mouth guard that fits around your teeth) which I wear when I am in bed and it has made such a difference. It's makes it impossible to clench or grind your teeth when you sleep and it's very comfortable.

brittany09
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm a fellow clencher too. The only thing that helps me is bringing my anxiety levels down. Sounds obvious but I think that's the only answer overall.

Meagan
06-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Tmj is horrible and I honestly believe I have it due to my anxiety. Its hard but I have no choice but to roll with the symptoms as they come