PDA

View Full Version : Quick, temporary fixes

Jadasfashionize
03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Am I the only one that shops to feel better...only to realize its just for instant gratification, which quickly dies off....it's so bad..not bad to the point that I would spend bill money...but I feel like there are better things that I could be doing to manage my money....like saving it for my child's college or just saving period or investing...I say this and then I get in panic attack mode with a migraine and I shop again.....which causes me even more stress because I blame myself for being so stupid..ugh

cmuggs
03-28-2012, 06:32 AM
I definitely shop to feel better! It started when I felt so fat and gross that I stopped leaving the house even for work or to socialize. Eventually after months of crying at home my grandmother sewed a couple of skirts for me to go back to work. I was convinced I was a huge elephant and nothing would fit me and I shouldn't be out in public. I was probably an Australian size 16-18 (us12-14). Then I made the decision that I would always have clothes that made me feel good enough to leave the house for any occasion, which usually meant items in the range $100-$300. Many years later and weight fluctuations of 35kg and more (including pregnancies) I still shop to feel better. Not always for me. I use the kids, family and friends as an excuse also. And I love it if I get a bargain. Some weeks I get 4 or 5 deliveries as these days I shop online a lot due to having 2 young kids. Sometimes I definitely feel good about the purchases but other times I feel very guilty and try to cancel the order or return the items. Like you, I don't go in to debt or anything but it would be nice to start saving.

cmuggs
03-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Oh, and I shop more if my husband annoys me or I'm stressed. And he let's me get away with it because I make him feel guilty. But also because he wants to make me happy.