PDA

View Full Version : I feel so weird, it is like I can't even explain it

ez86
03-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Hey everyone. I posted before about starting Paxil and having some side effects.

Now I'm not sure what is what. My old symptoms seem to either be as strong or stronger than before. Dry heaving, sick stomach, headaches, inability to focus. To top that off, I will randomly get the chills during the day. It is like I can't regulate my body heat. I finally go someone (nurse) to call me back from my doctor's office. She said that it sounds like I have a touch of a cold and that the Paxil sometimes takes a while to start "agreeing" with a person's body.

After my insomnia episode Friday, I called in sick to work. Yesterday I went home an hour early. Right now I'm planning on going in only in the afternoon. I usually never miss work. I am really upset that this is effecting that aspect of my life. What if I get worse and have to quit my job? Move back in with my parents?

I have a date friday night and I just feel like I am such a mess, who would want to date me? I know this is a lot of "what if" thinking and a touch of ruminating, but i don't care. I just don't know how to proceed.

I felt like medication was my last hope in moving forward with my anxiety, depression, and obsessions. While my obsession has calmed down, I feel like a lot else has started up.

I guess I can't even tell right now if I'm better or worse than a few weeks ago!

Any help or encouragement would be much appreciated.

alankay
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Hang in there with the paxil. You may want to start at a lower dose and work your way up slowly but I bet the side effects will disipate soon. Yes the side effects are common(I got them) but went away. In time it really should help allot. Alankay

ez86
03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks. I'm going to hang in there as long as I can. I'm only on 10 mg right now, so I dont know if going lower would do anything. It is good to hear that others went through this though.