PDA

View Full Version : New Here

BrokenSmile
01-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Hello Everybody.

I've struggled with anxiety disorder for over 20 years. My main problem is emetophobia (fear of vomiting) which led to agoraphobia.

Some days are better than others but it's a very lonely disease.

jitters
01-07-2007, 09:25 AM
WOW finally! I have suffered with fear of vomiting for years, and today is the first time I have heard anyone elese with this issue. My main problem is when I get anxious or panic the first symptom I get is nausea, not good if you are suffering from emetophobia. The main trigger of course is if other people get a stomache bug becuase I cannot convince myself that my nausea is just anxiety as it is quite rational to believe I too have a bug. I get to the point where I get ill just thinking about being near people with a cold. Nice to know I am not alone.

Duncan

TheBlueDanube
01-07-2007, 02:07 PM
HI,
I also have agoraphbia but not afraid to get sick. LOL. If I feel something in my throat I head for the bathroom thinking it's a bug. :shock: heh. Most likely just food or something. :tongue: It's a rather lonely thing, yes.

jitters
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Its funny when I first started getting sick I put it down to food poisoning but no one gets food poisoning as often as I got sick.

Duncan

BrokenSmile
01-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Emetophobia is the third most common phobia, yet it's rarely talked about.

jitters
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Strange huh? you'd think dotors at least would spot it. After all we usually say things like I'd rather lose arm than get sick!