PDA

View Full Version : low testosterone and anxiety

bryan kellogg
03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
my dr put me on testosterone shot how miny men over 40 on this forum have low testosterone and have anxiety that is coused by low t i am 47 and the dr told me i have low t and that may be why i have anxiety and low sex drive

bryan kellogg
03-26-2012, 02:56 PM
I have Been reading up on other web sites about the low testosterone a I do think that my anxiety mood swings and mild depression was brought on by the low testosterone has any other men on this site have low testosterone and doing the hormone replacement therapy if so how long did it take before you felt better
Can some one help

ladywillow
03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Bryan, personally haven't had to do this lol But I know that I have a hormone imbalance that does make my anxiety worse. It doesn't surprise me at all that this would be the case. Sounds like your doctor is on the ball!

biceps72
03-26-2012, 10:18 PM
this is how I got hooked on benzos!!! Bottom line is that my testosterone was very low (170 total) and likely had been low for years due to an injury. I was diagnosed with GAD, went through all the SSRIs and finally ended up on klonopin.

My testosterone was finally tested and I was placed on androgel (testosterone replacement therapy). Thing got a lot better but I still am hooked a bit on klonopin.

low testosterone canlead to anxiety BUT tesosterone can aromitize into E2 = estradiol. If your E2 gets too high = bad anxiety!!!

hormones is a balancing act. Too little testosterone = anxiety BUY too much testosterone the excess will turn ijnto E2 which when too high = anxiety and a host of other symptoms!!!

all men with anxiety should have a endocrine panel including total testosterone, E2, SHBG, etc!!!

TRT - testosterone replacement therapy can help a lot of men that really don't have anxiety but have endocrine problems!!