PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown

Music_lover
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I sometimes get sad for no reason. Sometimes it's because I think of things, and it makes me sad. Usually it doesn't last, but sometimes it does. When I get sad for no reason I feel like crying. When I think about having panic attacks and everything, I realize I might miss out on some things in life. That I will be too scared ot do things. I know it isn't good too, and that I should think positive, but it gets to me. It becomes heavy and then I get more sad. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

- :oops:

jitters
01-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Wow, it seems most of us are in the same boat, the toll anxiety plays on our lives it is not suprising we feel down. The majority of people with anxiety suffer with depression as well so you are definatly not alone. Try some CBT therapy (group is best) doing something about the illness helps and also this treatment appears to work well on both the anxiety and Depression.

Duncan

Music_lover
01-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I wish I knew what a CBT therapy was. :oops: I don't know if what I said would be depression. Maybe? Hm...

- :?

jitters
01-07-2007, 02:21 PM
CBT = Cognative Behavioral Therapy - Its a method of changing the way we think about things so we dont feel so anxious all the time, Therapy. Levels of depression are best judged by a professional, but basically if you feel sad a lot of the time and it affects your life then it is likely depression of some kind. But dont be too down labels aren't important, what matters is that you aren't alone.

Duncan