PDA

View Full Version : im stargirl, an agoraphobic

stargirl
06-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone, im an agoraphobia sufferer that lives in Raleigh, NY. I hope I can find some friends that can identify with me at this forum. I've been living with agoraphobia for over 3 years now :cry: , it feels like its been all my life. I hope one day I can overcome this phobia and live my life like I was meant to be.

Anyway, let me tell everyone about myself. I enjoy pop music, reading books, and playing with my pets. I have two cats; their names are Megan and Tommy. Thats my life in a small nutshell.

Talk to you later everyone.

:P

shoe
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
welcome to the site stargirl. Sorry to hear about your agoraphobia. anxiety disorders suck! hehe Anyway, hope to talk with you more on the boards :)

dan

duddits
06-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Stargirl. If you want to talk about your agoraphobia, we're usually here to listen and help answer questions if we can. :)

klb
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone, im an agoraphobia sufferer that lives in Raleigh, NY. I hope I can find some friends that can identify with me at this forum. I've been living with agoraphobia for over 3 years now :cry: , it feels like its been all my life. I hope one day I can overcome this phobia and live my life like I was meant to be.

Anyway, let me tell everyone about myself. I enjoy pop music, reading books, and playing with my pets. I have two cats; their names are Megan and Tommy. Thats my life in a small nutshell.

Talk to you later everyone.

:P

Hello, stargirl!! there is lots of info on the net and some on this forum about agoraphobia

thousandoaksgirl
09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi Stargirl,
I too suffer from agoraphobia. I have been suffering from it for about 5 years now. I know how lonely and isolating it can be. I only have my pets to call my friends. All I want is to get over this problem and have a life. Hopefully, this can be of some comfort to you that I too suffer from the same problem.
thousandoaksgirl

brickyard_red
09-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Welcome Stargirl! :D It's great that you found this site. You are definately not alone in your agoraphobia. There are lots of friends here who are willing to share their stories with you and lend you a listening ear if you should ever want it or need it.

Hope to see more of you on the boards and can't wait to get to know you. Hang in there and know you're not alone!

Cath :)

delicate soul
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
stargirl;

hi sweetie.

welcome to the board!

I, too suffer from agoraphobia among other things.

It's really hard but I'm working on getting my face out there and facing my fears.

Your not alone, I'm here if you need anyone.

PM me if you need, too!

:)

Bridgie
09-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Stargirl, and Brick, and Oak, and Angel, and Delicate Soul and whoever!! Oh and of course Shoe! We have a chat room now, so maybe we can organize some kind of scheduled chat thing going! We woul have a great time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

shoe
09-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Bridgie, that would be a good idea. I'm not available all the time but if you make a post with suggestions maybe some others would join in and some kind of schedule can be made up. I myself could try to make it one or two nights a week or on the weekend. maybe duddits could even join in hehe.

brickyard_red
09-29-2005, 06:09 AM
I would like that. I would have a problem getting on in the evening though. My hubby gets irritated with me if I get on the computer much in the evening when he is home. That is "our" time together. :wink: But I could do it late afternoon. And maybe, you never know, if I knew in advance I could tell him and then get on for a little while in the evening. Never hurts to try, eh?

Hope all is well with everyone. Love ya.

Cath :)